Wikipedia is often considered not to be a particularly reliable source by teachers in secondary schools and higher education. Generations of pupils and students have heard warnings about the reliability of the online encyclopaedia and there have even been bans on using it. The idea spread around, particularly in schools, that...
A selection of posts from Hypotheses, a blog platform hosting thousands of blogs in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
An overview of the vast range of academic disciplines disseminated on Hypotheses, made accessible to English-speaking readers, thanks to the INIST-CNRS (Institute for scientific and technical information) translation services.
- Why word processing is not suitable for text publishing
- Wikipedia: a tool for historians?
- Syrian refugees’ journey from Jordan to Germany
- “You’ve got some nerve asking me a question like that!”
- Russia’s technological power in the collective imagination. The UVB76 fantasy – half conspiracy theory, half cult of mystery.