On July 27th 2012 at 9 p.m., the 30th Olympic Games opened in London. The opening ceremony, “Isles of Wonder”, was masterminded by the celebrated British film director Danny Boyle, who had won an Oscar in 2009 for Slumdog Millionaire. The ceremony began with a short film of a journey...
A selection of posts from Hypotheses, a blog platform hosting thousands of blogs in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
An overview of the vast range of academic disciplines disseminated on Hypotheses, made accessible to English-speaking readers, thanks to the INIST-CNRS (Institute for scientific and technical information) translation services.
- “From Vietnam, with waste”: linked together by trash
- Vulgarization revisited: the internet and the new spaces for public history
- In search of those who disappeared during the Algerian War of Independence
- Midsomer’s Greenification, or “behind the green scenes” of a British TV police series
- Appointing the headman of a prison yard (Chad): a process of miniature bureaucratisation