How music is composed Music is written on beautiful carefully lined-up staves. It is written in a clef, with a rhythm and in bars. It is written using semibreves, minims, crotchets, quavers, semiquavers or tuplets between some of which there may be rests. It is written both on paper and...
A selection of posts from Hypotheses, a blog platform hosting thousands of blogs in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
An overview of the vast range of academic disciplines disseminated on Hypotheses, made accessible to English-speaking readers, thanks to the INIST-CNRS (Institute for scientific and technical information) translation services.
- “From Vietnam, with waste”: linked together by trash
- Vulgarization revisited: the internet and the new spaces for public history
- In search of those who disappeared during the Algerian War of Independence
- Midsomer’s Greenification, or “behind the green scenes” of a British TV police series
- Appointing the headman of a prison yard (Chad): a process of miniature bureaucratisation